Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Time Flies!

I have to say I have been very bad at taking pictures since we returned home. My laptop I have all the pictures on is on the fritz and I have not been patient enough to move files over to our home work station. The photos are piling up on the camera, and since the kids leaned how to delete them, I always feel uneasy about them using it.

Our good friends Jennifer and Clinton joined us (reinforced us is more like it) for an excursion to the zoo on Saturday the 13th. Maxim was with Uncle Jerry at the house at that time. Here are some pics they took of the kids.


(click here to see the entire Brun Family photo album) or add a comment to this blog requesting access to all the photos on the Costco Photo site, where you can order prints.

The are all settling down more. Christina is still the hold out, but her resistance is less spirited. Masha and I took the three younger ones to a play date at a terrific facility in Maryland. It has a gymnasium and pool complex and many other sports activities available for the kids. We meet many other parents, including another veteran parent of former soviet kids about the same ages as ours.

Today was a shopping trip to Target on Columbia Heights for swim things and clothes to round-out the kids' wardrobes. The best part was Sasha's control of the shopping cart up and down the escalators ten or so times. They behaved so well it was beyond my wildest hope of a week ago.

Off to pick up Mom at work. I'm proud to say I have three volunteers at this point. Then tomorrow, back to Maryland for the pool hours at he same complex.

The cameo of the day was Tanya, who does not nap well, showing me her numbers on a clipboard as she carefully reversed her 7's and skipped a number or two. We counted in english up to 19. Who told her I was dyslexic!

Maxim is doing very will on his vist with Uncle Jerry. He is making freinds and they are working on English flashcards.

Love to all,

Erik 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Members of this blog can post comments here...