Monday, February 23, 2009

Impression

Monday, 23 February 2009

So, last night I was lying in bed thinking about the impression that was made on me by meeting someone.

This someone spent half of their life in a physically abusive relationship, only to be utterly abandoned to spend the other half incarcerated. The things I have have learned from this person have made me question all of my assumptions about life, belief and priorities. I have learned more about grace, prayer and hope than I ever knew. All this since I came to know this person.

I have also experienced sacrifice, trust and desperation to levels beyond my experience. I have seen people risk their livelihoods, respect and self worth for this person.

This person is the six-year-old girl sleeping in our bed last night. Tanya, asleep and wriggling gently in the covers as we close out the busy weekend.

Tanya, I only hope your dreams are as peaceful as your face.

Your Papa

Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment

Members of this blog can post comments here...